National School Milk Week 23 – 27th April 2018
To help spread the message of healthy eating, nutrition and the importance of dairy as part of a balanced diet, the National Dairy Council is launching an exclusive competition open to primary schools participating in the School Milk Scheme.
The winning school will receive free School Milk for all pupils for the 2018/2019 school year and a School Trip to Airfield Farm. The winning and finalist school’s entries will also be featured on the Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show during National School Milk Week (23rd-27th April).
To enter, all your school needs to do is write a short poem, Limerick, song or jingle about why your school loves School Milk (max. 200 words). You can even add music to your entry if you wish.
5 Great Reasons to Register Your School for the School Milk Scheme
- Did you know that THREE daily servings of dairy are recommended for 5-8 year olds and FIVE daily servings are recommended for 9-18 year olds?
- Milk is a natural source of many nutrients such as calcium, protein, phosphorus, iodine, potassium, vitamin B2 and vitamin B12.
- Schools registered for School Milk will receive free exclusive education resources, access to competitions and prizes for schools during the school year.
- Free School Milk fridges are supplied by the National Dairy Council to ensure that the milk delivered is chilled and fresh.
- Drinking a carton of School Milk each day is a convenient and affordable way to help children meet their calcium needs.
The closing date for entries is 5pm Friday 13th April so get moo-ving!
Further details regarding this exciting competition and terms and conditions are available at: www.moocrew.ie/competition
The School Milk Scheme is managed by the National Dairy Council and funded by the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine with the financial support of the European Union.For futher information contact:
Cathy Currran, Communications Manager, National Dairy Council
+353 1 290 2518 | firstname.lastname@example.org